The Pic du Midi is open the whole year round!
- January, February and March 2017 : open every day
- April 2017 : annual closure on Tuesday 18th
- May 2017 : closed
- June, July, August, September, October 2017 : open every day
- November 2017 : annual closure on Monday 6th
Access to the Pic is by cable car from La Mongie
- Departure: every ¼ hour
- Journey time: 15 minutes
- Cabin capacity: 45 people
Lourdes – Pic du Midi shuttle : a daily shuttle service runs to and from Lourdes
Parking at La Mongie is free of charge. During the winter months, parking is regulated to allow for snow clearance : For any further information, click on Find us here
The visit lasts on average 2 hours
- First departure: 9.30am
- Last departure: 4pm (outside school holidays and from 1st April to 17th April) 5.30 (from 4th February to 4th March)
- The cable car does not run from 12.45 to 2pm (in week, outside school holidays)
- Last return trip from the Pic du Midi: 5.00pm (outside school holidays and from 1st April to 17th April) 6.00pm (from 17th December to 1st January) 7.00pm (from 4th February to 4th March)
Given the weather conditions and the high altitude, it is highly advisable that visitors have appropriate clothing. We strongly advise that you come prepared with warm clothing – even during the summer months – as well as sunglasses and high factor sun block.
(even during the summer)
The Pic du Midi is totally committed to providing a warm welcome to everyone; however, it is do still bear in mind that the site is located high up in the mountains and as such requires certain precautions to be taken. Please also note that certain health issues are not compatible with a trip at altitude.
It is your responsibility, or that of your doctor, to establish whether your state of health is compatible with a rapid ascent to almost 3000 metres. Especially:
People with a history of heart problems
Children under the age of three*
*Why not take toddlers ?
The inner ear of children under the age of three years old is not developed enough to withstand the change in pressure that comes with the speed of the ascent. The 1077 metres between La Mongie and the Pic du Midi is actually covered in less than 15 minutes.
From the age of three onwards, the ear reacts naturally allowing the child to carry out the ascent with no problem.
Our four-legged friends are not permitted at the summit.
For everyone’s comfort, picnics are not permitted
The day rate includes return trip by cable car, your visit to the summit and entrance to the museum.
- Child (under 12): €23
- Child (3-5): free
- Family ticket – two adults, two children under 18: €92
- Extra child up to 18: €23
- Concessions for students, disabled visitors and jobseekers: €33
- We accept ANCV holiday vouchers
- Access by walking trails infos : Find us here